Smoker with anxiety symptoms. Cough mucus short of breath. Heard quitting causes shortness of breath. I ALREADY can't breathe. Nervous to try.

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: You can quit

There's a rarely mentioned fact I know: The smoking breath pattern - In, Hold, Exhale (fully, slowly) thru lips - is very, very good for you.
That pattern alone can lower BP (for awhile) and makes you feel really good. When smokers quit, they lose this advantage. Some of the distress is due to this. You can win by continuing to do the breath pattern w/out the cigarette! 'Smoke' w/out cigarettes!

In brief: You can quit

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine