What are the side effects of the radiation therapy for eye cancer?

Retinopathy , catara. The retina is sensitive to radiation and it can cause serious damage if radiation over a certain dosage is given. Cataracts are common also.
Radiation in eye. All radiation affects any tissue the beam traverses. You may have redness, minor pain and tissue edema for cancer of the lids and orbit. If done for retinal or subretinal cancer, the vision may disappear at the point of beam impact but hopefully the tumor will shrink. Your radiation therapist must be closely involved in these decisions.