What do I do about dairy if my kidney stone analysis showed calcium?

Don't worry dairy OK. Calcium containing stones means that ca. Salts have precipitated in your urine for various reasons, dehydration, urinary stasis or high urinary ca. Excretion.Not affected by intake unless intake abnormally high(gallon of milk or 1-2 lbs cheese/day)u need to drink lots of water, avoid salt & get 24 hr urinary calcium excretion, if high may well need to take hydrochlorthiazide to reduce ca. In urine.
Oxalate. Most of the time ca containing kidney stones are calcium oxalate stones. Oddly enough these stones are actually prevented by taking dairy products as the dietary calcium binds oxalate in the gut and that is what actually causes the stone.
Here are some… The concept and practice of stone prevention have evolved and changed tremendously over the last 15 years. Without specific data from comprehensive stone work-up to specify the underlying reason for stone recurrence, I would not offer specific advice, but maintaining daily urine output > 2500 mL and decreasing oral consumption of salt, red meat, & dairy product by > 50% are helpful & decent.