I haven't been able to think about anything else since I was diagnosed with cancer. Is this normal?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: "Eye of the Storm"

There are few words that change your life more abruptly than "cancer".
Most of my patients experience this all-consuming period right after their diagnosis. Hopefully, what you will find is that with each passing day, month, and year, this will eventually become a distant memory that you will rarely think about. I urge you to seek out support from family, friends, and especially, survivors.

In brief: "Eye of the Storm"

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Pathology

In brief: Let's talk

When there's danger to life, the mind naturally focuses on the danger until the situation resolves.
We all must learn to manage our own thoughts and stay productive. It will help you to get a few physicians' opinions about your prognosis, and good or bad, make plans to make the rest of your life meaningful. Anything from an rx to a short course of cbt may be helpful. Be strong & good luck.

In brief: Let's talk

Dr. Vicken Poochikian