For the past year I am experiencing intense leg pain starting at hip and continuing down leg into foot. I run and walk and it hurts all the time now.

Dr. Michael Finkelstein

In brief: 2 areas

of concern vascular and orthopedic.
it seems though that it probably is the hip with radiation of pain see an orthopedist first

In brief: 2 areas

of concern vascular and orthopedic.
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Dr. Joe Lee
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Leg pain

It might be sciatica or musculoskeletal pain from some structure in the hip or knee region or something else.
Since it has been persistent for over a year and it sounds like it has gotten worse, you should have it evaluated by a physician such as a physiatrist or an orthopedist. They may or may not need to run some additional tests depending on the exam findings.

In brief: Leg pain

Dr. Joe Lee
Dr. Joe Lee
Dr. Keegan Duchicela