Should I ask my doctor for a skull X-ray for mom who fell?

Depends on symptoms. Physician should obtained symptoms and perform physical exam. Most of time skull xray is not utilized for serious head trauma. Ct exam of brain and skull is usually the gold standard. Symptoms can vary from mild with no serious problem, to moderate and severe. Should consult physician as to seriousness of injury.