I when for a skull X-ray because I fell. Was that necessary?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: If severe trauma,CT

In recent years, with availability of CT scans, role of routine skull radiographs in minor neuro-trauma has been questioned.
In moderate and severe head trauma, a CT scan is investigation of choice.Skull radiographs are helpful in suspected non-accidental injury,depressed skull fracture, penetrating head injury by a foreign body, or trauma in children under two years of age.

In brief: If severe trauma,CT

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

If the fall was significant enough to see someone about it, a skull xray can see if skull fractures may have occurred.

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Adam Smith