Can you use glucose water with similac?

Dr. Donna Wilkins
Pediatrics - Neonatology
In brief: Not recomended
I'm not sure if you mean that you are reconsitituing similac powder with glucose water or adding it to the can of concentrate but just water should be added to make the proper concentration.
If you are feeding glucose water in addition to similac the infant is receiving only empty calories and this would not be recommended. The infant is getting enough water in the similac.

In brief: Not recomended
Dr. Donna Wilkins
Dr. Donna Wilkins
In brief: I wouldn't
Similac has been developed over many years to be a proper blend of nutrients for infant nutrition.
It is modeled after breast milk.Mixing the powder with glucose water would alter the balance, and provide unneeded sugars. It would be a good way to program babies brain to crave sugar, but I wouldn't do it.

In brief: I wouldn't
Dr. Cindy Juster