Does anyone know if silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream is safe to use for eczema?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) Cream

There are many references in medical literature regarding silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream being used in the treatment of eczema.
The major use is when the eczema is advanced enough that sores are present and an anti-microbial in indicated to reduce the risk of infection. I would not use it unless there are open sores or an indication of infection as it may contribute to inflammation if the skin is sensitive.

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Shontae Buffington