Does anyone know if medicaid covers service animal?

Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Varies by state
Some support for service dogs is available in ca but I do not think they cover the cost of the animal.
Several community groups provide the animals to people with disabilities free of charge.

In brief: Varies by state
Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
In brief: Differs by State
Purchase of a service animal / guide dog as well as training costs, veterinary costs, grooming, ; food is considered tax deductible in the us.
I don’t believe this applies to emotional support or therapy animals. Medicaid is not required to cover expenses related to a service animal. The medicaid program varies in each state. Montana’s medicaid program reimburses the purchase, care ; maintenance >.

In brief: Differs by State
of a service animal.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian