Can inner ear fungal infections be harmful to your body? My inner ears have been itchy for a long time now and I don't know what's causing it

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: External ear

I am sure you mean a possible fungal infection of the EXTERNAL EAR CANAL, not the inner ear.
You need a culture of the drainage of the ear canal skin to document the presence of fungus. The most common cause of dry ears causing itchiness is the over use of Q-tips to clean your ears of wax. Wax in the ear canal is important and healthy and will migrate out on its own.

In brief: External ear

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel