When putting on sun tan lotion, am I supposed to apply sunscreen on first and then sun tan lotion? Or do I just use suntan lotion since it has SPF 5?

In brief: SPF15 Broad-spectrum

Apply 1 oz of sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 (the higher the SPF, the more UVB protection) liberally 15-30 minutes before sun exposure.
Reapply every 2 hours & after swimming, sweating, or drying off with a towel. Use a sunscreen that says “broad-spectrum” on the label - that means it will screen out both UVB and UVA rays.Look for the new UVA rating system: 4 stars = highest UVA protection.

In brief: SPF15 Broad-spectrum

Dr. Adrienne Classen
Dr. Adrienne Classen