What is the healthiest way to lose weight?

Eat less, move more. Measure what and how much you have been eating for a week. Then substitute healthier foods and eat less. Move all day, avoid sitting for long periods of time. Exercise regularly, interval training best, stretching 3x/W. Stress management activities like Relaxation techniques, Yoga, Tai Chi. And a good restful sleep will do it.
Eat less, exercise. more. Counting calories... but mainly seeing where you are messing up. Might be helpful http://www.amazon.com/dp/0692496157/ It is like an addiction, and we tend to eat on the basis of triggers like boredom, anger, habit...