How do they test for pelvic congestion syndrome? Did an internal exam and based on my symptoms is how he diagnosed me. Should I go for other tests?

No good definitive. There is no good, standard, accepted test for pelvic congestion syndrome. It is basically diagnosed by excluding other possible causes of pelvic pain. Some doctors believe an MRI or CT scan can show dilation of the pelvic vessels but the data proving this is kind of weak. Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUDs and birth control pills can usually improve symptoms.