What do you advise if I'm having a cervical fusion and disc removal I need imput?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Compliance

Certainly would want to be compliant with the surgeons postoperative protocol.

In brief: Compliance

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Leland Berkwits
Pain Management

In brief: Cervical fusion

Cervical discectomy and fusion is usually indicated if there is significant compression of a nerve with loss of strength and/or numbness in the arm. This technique is usually not as effective for treating neck pain.
If you do not have weakness or numbness, all conservative measures (PT, steroid injections, etc) should be exhausted prior to considering surgery.

In brief: Cervical fusion

Dr. Leland Berkwits
Dr. Leland Berkwits
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine