What do you advise if I'm going to get the sleeve done - bariatric surgery - I found out I have a hiatal hernia is that procedure done together or separate?

In brief: Together

The presence of hiatal hernia is not contraindication to having a sleeve done at the same time.
If you have severe reflux in addition to the hiatal hernia, most surgeon would push you to have a RYGB. However, few surgeons believe that just repairing the hiatal hernia at the same time will decrease the reflux in combination with the weight loss. Very few surgeons may add a fundoplication.

In brief: Together

Dr. Abdelkader Hawasli
Dr. Abdelkader Hawasli
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery