How will treatment for thyroid cancer affect my normal activities?

Depends on treatment. Thyroidectomy is the first treatment. There can be low calcium levels and thyroid level that have symptoms but can be replaced by pills. If the cancer is small then no other therapy. Others may need radioactive iodine and there will be radiation rules to follow and avoid exposure to others.
Depends. It depends on the type of treatment and the extend of your cancer. In the more common cases, once you have recovered from your surgery and take the correct dose of thyroid replacement, you should be able to maintain normal activities.