Does penlac (ciclopirox) or tea trea oil cure toenail or foot fungus?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: In some cases

These are common treatments/suggestions for nail fungus.
In order for either of these to have a chance of succeeding, you have to be aggressive with keeping the nails thinned as much as possible, removing all loose nail debris and using the topical as instructed. If you are not aggressive, your chances are not good. Dr l.

In brief: In some cases

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha

In brief: Toenail fungus

Penlac (ciclopirox) or tea trea oil are both very ineffective ways to treat the toenail fungus.
The best treatments available are a prescription anti-fungal cream, and oral medication, or laser nail treatment.

In brief: Toenail fungus

Dr. Jordan Steinberg
Dr. Jordan Steinberg

In brief: For some people

I have seen a number of cases where these work for people.
Penlac is a prescription and if you read the literature has a very low success rate.

In brief: For some people

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh