What causes lower back pain in women who are over 40?

Many things. There are potentially many causes of back pain in women over 40. Thankfully most are not serious or life threatening but i would advise any person male or female who has new onset back pain that does not go away after a few weeks to see a doctor about it. Not all back pain is from the spine. If it is from the spine, specialist in this area may be able to give you some answers.
Back pain. Dear this is a very general question and causes are multiple.The must frequent one are simple decoditioning of the muscles to more serious ones such as degenerative disc disease, compression fractures etc.Obviosly the cause need to be investigated if the pain persist after resting some and taking over the counter analgesics.