Cardiology #: What is the significance of benign tachycardia with a heart rate of 100? What could be a treatment for it, if one is needed?

Dr. David Mcadams

In brief: Tachycardia

Normal heart rate usually run for 60-100, although there is some variance in 'normal.
' If you have a sustained rate above 100 I would suggest getting it checked. There are many underlying causes of tachycardia, many of which can be serious. Don't necessarily worry about treatment to reduce the rate until you get it checked out.

In brief: Tachycardia

Dr. David Mcadams
Dr. David Mcadams
Dr. Frank Amico

In brief: Underlying Cause

You need to look for an underlying cause.
Do you have any reason to believe you are dehydrated. If so, drink more fluids. In fact, if you do not have a compromised heart you may want to increase your fluid intake. If you become symptomatic seek in person help.

In brief: Underlying Cause

Dr. Frank Amico
Dr. Frank Amico
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology