I'm 6 weeks pregnant \u0026 I started bleeding dark red with dark clogs but really tiny tiny clogs is that a sign of a miscarriage? I need an answer

Dr. Alexander Schermer
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Possibly

There are 3 causes of early pregnancy bleeding - #1 Miscarriage, #2 Ectopic or Tubal pregnancy, #3 Bleeding around the sac that the baby develops in.
The only way to know for sure which of these three things is going on is to seek the help of your OB doctor or the closest emergency room. Most likely they will do an ultrasound to figure out which of the 3 possibilities is going on in your case.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Alexander Schermer
Dr. Alexander Schermer
Dr. Adam Levy