I stopped taking flovent and today I have mild shortness of breath.?

Why did you stop? I must assume you have asthma since Flovent was prescribed. Why did you stop? Flovent is intended as a maintenance medication and should not be used for acute worsening. You should supplement your treatment today with albuterol, an immediate-acting bronchodilator.
Flovent. It depends on why the medicine was stopped. It's possible that the medicine was helping your breathing and now you don't have it but it's also possible that your issue is unrelated to the medicine.