What medical professions would be qualified to give conscious sedation?

Many. Any health provider with the right licensing and training can provide conscious sedation (it is now termed mild to moderate sedation). Dentists and dental specialists, podiatrists, physicians and medical specialists, among others, can become qualified to provide oral and/or IV sedation in their offices. Each state and health profession has its own requirements for qualification.
Anesthesia. Anesthesiologist or pain specialist would be the right specialty.

Related Questions