How do I get rid of male breast enlargement?

Allison Greco
General Practice
In brief: A few things:
Losing weight, exercise, and quitting smoking are some easy ways to decrease the amount of male breast tissue.
Normal puberty can also cause breast enlargement that will resolve with time. Abnormalities in liver function or in the levels of hormones such as prolactin can cause breast enlargement as well, and these can be evaluated using blood tests.

In brief: A few things:
Allison Greco
Allison Greco
Answer assisted by Allison Greco, Medical Student
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Depend
If not yet an adult & no causative drugs (eg Cimetidine marijuana) are to be eliminated & there are no endocrine problems, wait to see if it goes away after puberty.
Wt loss if heavy. O/w slim lipo is in my opinion usually the best procedure. Sometimes a skin incision is necessary for gland removal or skin reduction.

In brief: Depend
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery