Does Cerebal Angiogram and MRI angiography both have same accuracy to detect a AVM? I perfer to have less invasive MRI Angiography.

Dr. Michael Nelson
Neurology

In brief: Almost

A conventional cerebral angiogram is still considered the gold standard, but there is about a 1% chance of stroke from the procedure, plus other risks from needing to enter an artery.
There is an advantage that if you have a treatable lesion, they can do a procedure during the angiogram. Otherwise, I almost always recommend the MR-angiogram or CT-angiogram because there is almost no risk.

In brief: Almost

Dr. Eric Weisman