I had an immediate denture today should I take it out tonight to clean it ?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
In brief: No
You should have an appointment to go back in to see them tomorrow to have it removed and cleaned.
Removing it may make it difficult to replace. It helps keep the swelling down. So if you were to take it out tonight, put it back in right away. It is going to hurt to do it though.

In brief: No
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
In brief: NO
Normally, the post-op instructions for a placed immediate denture is to wait at least 24 hours before removal.
Follow instructions of your dentist/oral surgeon

In brief: NO
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics
In brief: No
The immediate denture should be removed the next day by your dentist.
Then adjustments can be made. After the first day, then you may remove it and not wear it overnight.

In brief: No
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry
In brief: Follow Instructions
It's always best to follow the instructions of the dentist who actually treated you as he\she is the most aware of your specific situation and needs.
In general, i recommend that my patients who receive an immediate denture wear it the first night for several reasons. It helps control bleeding and swelling and if you take it out, you may not be able to replace it in your mouth for awhile.

In brief: Follow Instructions
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics
In brief: No
For the first 24 hours, the immediate denture acts like a bandage, and your dentist will remove it the next day to monitor your healing.

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Steven Seres