How do I prevent me from passing away from heart failure like the rest of my old family members?

Prevention of CHF. I dont know how old are you, and what was the cause of your family members life lost. But you can prevent by having regular physical exams, stop smoking , control your bp, keep your cholesterol under control, get checked for diabetes and if you have it keep under control, avoid obesity, eat properly and exercise regularly. These are the general recommendations but if i know your history i can advice.