Should I admit to depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts on college health forms?

Student Resources . Reporting current symptoms to both student health ; counseling center is ur best bet. You will find several professionals (psychiatrist, psychologist) who will work together 2 help you. If you don't feel like the campus counselors are a good match, ask for a referral. Walk-in the counseling center or call if ur in crisis. Don't hesitate 2 reach out and use ur student resources.
Yes. Information on these forms helps the student health service respond more helpfully to you. Physicians and nurses staffing the student health service need to know your past medical history, the same as your primary care doctor would. Symptoms of depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts count as medical issues needing care. There may be student health psychiatrists on staff as well.
I say NO. Sadly, as a psychiatrist, these institutions are victorian at best in their attitude toward ''mental'' difficulties. However, you must discuss this with your psychiatrist--not psychologist or mftt, or social worker ad infinitum. If you are not getting the medical help you need and deserve, do call theamer. Psychoanalytic ass. In nyc. Sliding scale available. Tomorrow!