My daughter has a fever and cough combination can she take Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Nyquil or Robitussin?

Dr. Jalal Zuberi

In brief: Cough meds for kids

If your daughter is less than 6 yrs old, cough medicine aren't recommended, as they have been shown to be not only ineffective, but may be harmful.
Medicines like Nyquil May particularly harm children due to their unwanted effects on heart. Your daughter prob has a viral infection so get your PMD to see her if she doesn't improve with Tylenol (acetaminophen) in 4-5 days or sooner iher gen condition deteriorates.

In brief: Cough meds for kids

Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Cough suppresants shoiuld be used with caution in a child of your daughter's age.
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Depends on her age

You did not say how old she is.
If she is over the age of 2.than she can take Robituscin for cough.I do not recommend Nyquil for children especially small children.It is alright to give Tylenol (acetaminophen) for fever in the appropriate dose based on body weight

In brief: Depends on her age

You did not say how old she is.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Maureen Nash
Call her doctor especially if she doesn't improve or worsens.
Dr. James Bottiggi

In brief: Maybe

How old is child.
Nyquil is for adults only. Could be a virus or something more serious. If been going on more than 24-48 hours or worsening, shoul get checked

In brief: Maybe

How old is child.
Dr. James Bottiggi
Dr. James Bottiggi
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Hard to say

Her age is a critical point not mentioned in your query.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) is always safe. Robitussin is likely fine, again, depending on her age. I would not use Nyquil or anything containing alcohol for a child.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Adam Levy