I have severe burning and pain from my perineum. What could cause this and what helps to fix the problem?

Perineal discomfort. I would start by having a gynecologist perform a rectopelvic exam with special attention to the perineal area looking for any signs of inflammation. If none is present, a type of neuralgia or neuropathy may be the cause of the discomfort. Your gynecologist can then refer you for other consultation if necessary.