If anal sex is not recommend by doctors because it can cause problems like incontinence or hemorrhoids, then can gay men have a sex life?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Avoid such Doctors

Please let me warn you that medicine is a very conservative culture and many physicians have significant inappropriate bias.
Any physician who speaks to any recommendation against anal sex may be just sharing their bias and not truth. Medicine is to have no opinion on when, with whom, or how you are sexual. Anal Sex is common among heterosexual couples as well. It is a very common activity.

In brief: Avoid such Doctors

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
You may find more affirming medical advisors here: http://www.glma.org
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery