How do I know if hysterectomy is right for my cervical cancer?

Dr. David Zisow
In brief: Maybe
Assuming that you have "non-invasive cervical cancer" and if you are done having children, hysterectomy is fine.
If not, there are other options available to preserve your potential fertility. Your general gynecologist should be able to direct this care for you unless you have "invasive cervical cancer", in which case you should consult with a gyn oncologist.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Zisow
Dr. David Zisow
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: One of the issues is
Desire for fertility, XRT eliminates that, and the stage limits surgery to stages i&ii.
Your age (36) is borderline. Survival and control locally may be quite similar. Your team should include a gynecological oncologist and a radiation oncologits.

In brief: One of the issues is
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham