I've heard about the HPV vaccine. Does it protect against cervical cancer?

Yes. Yes, both brands, gardisil and Cervarix contain hpv types 16 and 18, which together cause about 2/3s of all cervical cancer. So, while the shots will protect you to that extent, it won't protect you against all cervical cancer risk. But, that is still a tremendous reduction risk.
Yes, mostly. Yes, both brands, gardisil and Cervarix contain hpv types 16 and 18, which together cause about 2/3s of all cervical cancer. So, while the shots will protect you to that extent, it won't protect you against all cervical cancer risk. But, that is still a tremendous reduction risk.
Yes, to a degree. Yes, both brands, gardisil and Cervarix contain hpv types 16 and 18, which together cause about 2/3s of all cervical cancer. So, while the shots will protect you to that extent, it won't protect you against all cervical cancer risk. But, that is still a tremendous reduction risk.
Yes it does! Two hpv vaccines, Gardasil and cervarix, are very effective at reducing cervical cancer risk from hpv 16 and 18. Gardasil also reduces risk of genital warts from hpv 6 and 11. Ideally the three doses hpv vaccine should be given prior to starting sexual activity but the vaccines are approved in females 10-25 (cervarix) or 9-26 (gardasil). Recently Gardasil was approved for males to prevent warts.
Yes, But Not 100% The current vaccines, Gardasil and cervarix, protect against 70% of the risk of cervical cancer, but only if given before someone is sexually active. There may be better protection in the future, but this is the best we have currently and you should strongly consider vaccinating your child.
Yes. Certain strains of the hpv (human papilloma virus) has been shown to be one of the main causes of cervical cancer. The vaccines available are very effective in preventing this infection, which will then lower one's risk for cervical cancer. This vaccine has also been approved for men (to prevent the spread of hpv to women.) see your physician if you are concerned about hpv or cervical cancer.
Yes it does! Vaccination has shown to protect teenage and young adult women, look to in the near future teenage boys being vaccinated as well.
Yes. Human papillomavirus (hpv) is a common virus that is spread through sexual contact. Most of the time hpv has no symptoms so people do not know they have it.There are approximately 40 types of genital hpv. Somes types can cause cervical cancer in women and can also cause other kinds of cancer in men and women. It is recommended that the vaccination be given prior to beginning sexual activity.