If I don't have a family history of colon cancer and I have bright red blood on bm, should I worry?

Pathology

It is not likely to be cancer, but even a benign sounding disease like hemorrhoids, that can cause bright red blood in stool, could lead to iron deficiency anemia.
See your doctor to determine the cause and get treatment.

Dr. Raymundo Romero
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: YES

Any change should be addressed by your doctor. Rectal bleeding can be many things ei: hemorrhoids or colitis.
Of course rectal bleeding can also be a sign of cancer. The most important thing to know is that we are all at risk for colon cancer, that is why we do screening colonoscopies at age 50 in both men/women. Colon cancer is the 3rd most common cancer in the us.

In brief: YES

Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Peter Kurzweil