Can I take Carafate (sucralfate) with caffeine?

Dr. Jimmy Lin
In brief: Not a good idea
Carafate (sucralfate) is to protect you stomach by forming a protective coating in your stomach lining.
Caffeine irritant to your stomach. It will make your gastritis worse. That is why all ulcer or reflux or gastritis patient are put on caffeine free diet. If you take Carafate (sucralfate) with caffeine, it will make your healing process very slow or getting worse.

In brief: Not a good idea
Dr. Jimmy Lin
Dr. Jimmy Lin
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Agree. You can but not advisable. It's like pouring water into a cup with a hole in it. I understand it's hard to quit coffee cold turkey.
Dr. Jack Hinkle