Who is most at risk for breast cancer?

See full answer. Brca gene mutation, family history, esp. A first-degree relative (mother, father or sister), early age at first period, late menopause, no children or children after age 30, obesity, high-fat diet. However it is very important to realize that there is no guaranteed method of prevention, and 75% of newly diagnosed breast cancer patients have no family history of breast cancer - everyone is at risk.
Women. A woman in the us has a 1:8 lifetime risk of developing breast cancer, so no one is immune. This risk increases with each passing decade and is higher amongst women with a strong family history. Every woman in the us should begin to get yearly mammograms beginning at age 40: mammograms save lives.
Family History. Those women mutations in either the brca1 or 2 genes. These patients have an 80% chance of developing breast cancer.