My skin is starting to have atopic dermatitis as I age?

Protect. Avoid things that make you break out, soaps & wetness. Wash your hands only when necessary. Wear gloves when needed. Wear clothes made of cotton. Bathe only with a small amount of mild unscented soap, such as dove. Keep the water temperature cool or warm, not hot. Use the medicine your doctor gave you. Use a plain moisturizer daily. Avoid scratching or rubbing the itchy area. Manage stress.
May not be atopic. Atopic dermatitis is not as common when we age as it is when we are much younger. However, eczema or other sensitive skin conditions can be very common. And because our skin tends to be much drier as we age that is often an under recognized problem. And there are a bunch of conditions that can closely resemble atopic dermatitis and eczema. So, being seen would be important.