Zyrtec or allegra (fexofenadine) for hives: which is the better antihistamine?

Zyrtec (cetirizine) Which drug is better fora specific patient cannot be predicted. I generally try zyrtec first because it does cannot claim not sedating. A little sedation helps alleve itching. Allegra, (fexofenadine) claritn, and Clarinex are allowed to claim no sedation.
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) It helps if you know what caused the hives. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) will work the quickest but also will be out of your system the quickest and will sedate most people. If the hives are due to a recent pet exposure or food ingestion Benadryl (diphenhydramine) will be the best choice. If it is due to a recent exposure to outdoor pollens Allegra may be your best choice and for unknown ongoing hives I would try zyrtec. Variables.