Can you tell me how to tell my family I tried to kill myself?

In brief: Be direct.

Tell your parents about your mood, energy level, concentration, memory, self esteem, motivation levels, sex drive, sleep & appetite.
Crying spells, feelings of helplessness or hopelessness are pertinent as well as your capacity to feel joy. Let them know immediately if you are currently experiencing the suicidal thoughts. Get help.

In brief: Be direct.

Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Suicide

That is very serious.
If this is something that happened a long time ago and you are now completely well, you might just tell them. If you are having ongoing problems with suicide ideation and depression, then you should be under the care of a physician and therapist. A family meeting could be a good way to reveal that in a safe environment.

In brief: Suicide

That is very serious.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey