While pt for herniated disks provide some daily relief, every morning I wake up with a stiff neck negating the pt benefit.What can I do ?

Dr. Paul Kovatis
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Sleeping habits
Yes, sleeping positions and pillow conditions can negate all pt and medical help.
Try an orthopaedic non allergenic pillow.

In brief: Sleeping habits
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Not negating
You are not negating the pt effect.
It is very common to be stiff in the morning if you have back troubles. I have not found a good solution for morning stiffness, although some people find that if they take a hot bath at night before bed, they do better. Also, doing some gentle stretches in bed may help. Talk with your pt.

In brief: Not negating
You are not negating the pt effect.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Cindy Juster