I have a 13 month old who has bronchitis. It started as a red throat and then a week after, she had a very strong phlegmy cough. What can I do?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: 13mths old bronchiti

Have you taken the baby to the pediatrician.
If not you should have the baby checked.Most of the time this kind of symptoms are caused by viruses and there is no need for antibiotics. If the baby is wheezing, then may need bronchdilaters via nebuliser, and if there is coexisting ear or throat infection and fever sometime antibiotics are prescribed.Cogh medicines are not helpful and should not be use.

In brief: 13mths old bronchiti

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Steven Seres