I'm 7 weeks preg. With my first baby, i'm taking heparin shots. I feel like it looks like i'm showing. Is it bloat, swelling from shots?Is it normal?

Allison Greco
General Practice

In brief: Can be

You are most likely not taking heparin, but another related blood thinner. Blood thinners make you more likely to bruise and bleed in areas of injury, such as the injection site, while preventing clot formation elsewhere.
If the bleeding is excessive, you should see your doctor to be evaluated.

In brief: Can be

Allison Greco
Allison Greco
Answer assisted by Allison Greco, Medical Student
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: See your MD

You need to see your md.
Allergic reactions to Heparin shots are rare but can cause swelling, hives, or redness, either where you inject or on other parts of the body. There are two kinds of Heparin (unfractionated and low molecular weight) and switching to the 'other kind' may be an option. You shouldn't be showing at 7 weeks, but Progesterone hormone can cause bloating during early pregnancy.

In brief: See your MD

You need to see your md.
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
At least people don't think you're showing when you're not pregnant ... it could always be worse! Good luck.
Dr. Shontae Buffington