Suddenly saw a small blood clot in my eye. I have chest infection. Hasn't recovered. Due to blowing of nose? That was the last thing I did. Help

Dr. Evan Schoenberg
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably, yes

If you're describing an area of blood overlying what would normally be the white of your eye (the "sclera"), you're describing a "subconjunctival hemorrhage" - a completely harmless condition which will go away on its own and needs no treatment.
It can often happen after straining, as with blowing your nose. If the blood clot is truly *in* your eye - in front of the colored part - go see an md.

In brief: Probably, yes

Dr. Evan Schoenberg
Dr. Evan Schoenberg
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Hemorrage in eye

Yes sometimes when you forcefully blow your nose or cough a lot you can break a superficial blood vessel underneath the conjunctiva, called subconjunctival hemorrhage.
It is self limiting and with time will disappear.

In brief: Hemorrage in eye

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine