My 5 mo has pink birth marks on eyes & head since birth. What are they called & do they go away? If so, when?

In brief: Vascular spots
What you may be describing are what are caused "vascular stains".
Sometimes they are called stork bites or angel kisses. Again, if this is what you are describing then they are nothing to worry about. However, having someone take a look will be the best way to be sure.

In brief: Vascular spots
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
I am just figuring out how to reply to additional patient comments. My apologies. And you are most certainly welcome.
In brief: Angel kisses
The common name for these marks is angel kisses.
They are dilated capillaries in patches. They tend to fade as the skin thickens with age, but may remain quite red in that area if baby blushes when older. They are somewhat different from the common one at the base of the neck in back that usually doesn't change over time.

In brief: Angel kisses
Dr. Jane Van Dis