I'm not from usa, do you think a surgeon should perform fundoplication op on someone with a 24hr pH de meester score of 1. I have many questions ?

Dr. Fernando Austin
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Fundoplication
There is a good correlation between documentation of acid reflux & demeester score.
If the score of 1 is the sole reason provided as justification for the fundoplication, standard of care would indicate it is not warranted . Of course there are variables not listed. Was testing done while on therapy, etc?

In brief: Fundoplication
Dr. Fernando Austin
Dr. Fernando Austin
Dr. Dan Lister
Surgery
In brief: Depends.
A demeester score of 1 is normal.
If this study was done off meds, then i'm not sure you have significant reflux. Get a second opinion.

In brief: Depends.
A demeester score of 1 is normal.
Dr. Dan Lister
Dr. Dan Lister
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery