Why don't my.11 month old have any teeth yet?

Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Biology is different
Biology and its genetic components can give a wide spectrum of tooth eruption.
As an orthodontist, i see a very large range of timing of when primary and permanent teeth erupt into the oral cavity. 11 months should not be a major concern. It is important that children aged 7-8 years of age be evaluated by an orthodontist just to screen for major abnormalities.

In brief: Biology is different
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: Still NORMAL
Teeth eruption pattern varies greatly.
Usually the first teeth to erupt are the front teeth on the bottom then the top. Teeth can erupt as early as 5 -6 months or after 1 year. On a personal note: my daughter's first teeth erupted @ 14 months! (then she had 8 teeth erupt all @ once- --ouch) i was worried at first --did she need dentures? She is 19 yo now with a beautiful smile!

In brief: Still NORMAL
Teeth eruption pattern varies greatly.
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
In brief: Dont worry
It is more common for some to be there by now but most cases it is just delayed but they should still come in.
I have seen this happen before and all the teeth still erupted, just delayed. Very rare is it a major concern. Take your child to the dentist around age 1 for a consult and if needed an x-ray to make sure.

In brief: Dont worry
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Richard Jaffe
you also may note that the permanent teeth will also come in later than normal.
Dr. Shontae Buffington