I had a lower back pain along my spine throughout my 2nd pregnancy. Baby is 5 mos now and I still get the pinching pain when in certain positions. ?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Back pain
Back pain that lingers after pregnancy is not all that uncommon.
There can be many potential causes. When a women is pregnant, their pelvic ligaments which hold the pelvic bones together loosen to accomodate the growing baby. Sometimes they do not tighten up again which can cause problem. It could also be how you are holding and carrying your baby. A physiatrist can help assess this.

In brief: Back pain
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Janet G. Travell, MD who was/is the matriarch of pain therapy noted in the 1950-90's something interesting about joint pain. She stated that any joint area stiffness, aching and tension was due to muscles NOT the joint proper. So her myofascial therapy protocols are designed to treat all types of "joint pain." Begin a self-care Wellness Program of Vits, Magnesium glycinate, sleep hygiene, self/pro Massage, chiropractor, heat, Epsom soaking, stretching. I use acupuncture!
Dr. Yashica Robinson White
In brief: Need evaluation
There are many causes for back pain.
In pregnancy, changes in posture and increased abdominal weight can be the culprit. Postparum, the back pain is expected to improve. It is important for you to see your local md to discuss issues related to your pain (onset, aggravating/relieving factor factors, etc). Your md will determine how you should be evaluaated.

In brief: Need evaluation
There are many causes for back pain.
Dr. Yashica Robinson White
Dr. Yashica Robinson White
Dr. Cindy Juster