My 17 month old only has his two bottom teeth. Is this ok? I am wondering when the rest will come.

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Baby teeth

At 17 months, it is very late.
However, it does not mean that there is anything wrong. Many children get their teeth later than others. There is no normal just average predicted ranges. They may be on their own timetable. If you need some assurance, contact a pediatric dentist in your town.

In brief: Baby teeth

At 17 months, it is very late.
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Thomas Yash

In brief: Family pattern

Teeth tend to erupt following familial patterns.
Do a bit of investigating and see when you the parents got their first teeth. If you are still concerned visit your pediatric dentist.

In brief: Family pattern

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Don't worry

This is not common but should not be too alarming either. Some children just take awhile to get them to come in.
I have seen this happen before and all the teeth came in fine just a bit late. You should take your child to the dentist around age 1 so he is likely due. They may decide to take an x-ray to be certain.

In brief: Don't worry

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Slow eruption

You may want to bring your child to a pediatric dentist to have this checked.

In brief: Slow eruption

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Cindy Juster