Do I need to taper off paxil (paroxetine)? Or is it safe to just discontinue it? I take 20mg a day

Taper off. You shouldn't discontinue Paxil (paroxetine) abruptly because you can experience a discontinuation syndrome which could include the following symptoms: headache, lethargy, GI upset, insomnia, nightmares, dizziness, vertigo, electric shock sensations and other parethesias, tremor, agitation, anxiety, irritability, hypomania, dysphoria, emotional lability and confusion. Talk to your physician about tapering.
Not unsafe. I agree with the other doctors about everything, however the discontinuation syndrome associated with stopping Paxil (paroxetine) is not unsafe. So technically speaking, it's safe to just stop. It's just not a really good idea. Also, you may have rebound symptoms of what you are taking it for, and that could be unsafe. You should talk to your doctor. You can probably taper from that dose over two weeks.
Paxil (paroxetine) Withdrawal symptoms are common with paxil (paroxetine). Discuss with your prescribing doc. The plan for gradual taper if justified.
Talk with U physicia. And he will help u tampering it down , since if u don't u can have withdrawal symptoms.
Better to taper. Ssris, & Paxil (paroxetine) in particular, are known for causing withdrawal if stopped abruptly. Better to taper under your dr's supervision.