What are the risks and benefits of immediate breast reconstruction if I have a masectomy?

Depends. Risks are specific to the type of reconstruction performed. However, there is always a risk of partial loss of breast skin if the breast surgeon creates flaps of skin that are too thin. This is a serious risk if tissue expansion is to be performed, as the expander could be exposed and become infected if the skin partially becomes necrotic.
Breast Cancer. The reconstructive technique used works in concert with the mastectomy performed by the breast surgeon. Problems related to surgery are not to be minimized but are the same for virtually every procedure. Specific operations have specific risk such as a mastectomy can result in some skin loss. An infection can lead to removal of an implant. A fat injection can clump and lead to necrosis.
Many. Immediate breast reconstruction is making a big comeback due to several recent improvements, such as skin sparing mastectomy and use of acellular dermal matrix "internal bra" (alloderm). Advantages are fewer surgeries are minimal recovery times, and less depression about body deformity from breast loss. Insist on talking to a plastic surgeon before the mastectomy.
Several. Benefits include less scarring, better cosmetic results, and not having to experience being without a breast. Risks include failure of the reconstruction, infection, bleeding, sensation loss, asymmetry, blood clots, ugly scarring, dissatisfaction with the cosmetic results and need for more surgery. Implant reconstruction risks also include hardening, rippling, rupture, and need for replacement.
Immediate vs delay. Immediate breast reconstruction is better if you are pretty sure you will not need radiation therapy and have a relatively small tumor. This plus a skin-sparing mastectomy is state of the art.